DP World's International Container Transhipment Terminal (ICTT) added another landmark to its cap with the berthing of MV NEW YORKER, underlining that the facility is becoming the preferred choice and most sought after port in India for foreign shipping lines, emphasised a release. It was the first Maersk Line FW1 direct main line service vessel that called at ICTT and was mainly carrying raw cashew from West African ports like Bissau and Abidjan to Cochin.
|Newyorker Berthed at ICCT|
Franck Dedenis, Managing Director for Maersk Line (India and Sri Lanka), said, “When it comes to Cashews, product quality is paramount. Raw cashews are extremely sensitive to moisture, hence the cargo cannot be on the seas for a long time.
The Cashew service which is just dedicated to the cashew nuts import and is customized according to the trade demands, has shorter transit time and top quality food containers.”
The Maersk Line Service Advantages:
1. One Stop Shop through Dedicated Coverage: Customers don’t need to coordinate with multiple service providers to meet market demands with regular FW1 and FW 5 services to the West African Cashew gateways
2. Planning Accuracy through Service Reliability: Businesses now have the ability to plan operations and distribution more accurately, ensuring speed to market with the Cashew Service giving them a very high schedule reliability
3. Competitive Advantage through an Early Bird Service: Customers will now have a ‘First Mover’ advantage in both the domestic and the export markets as the Cashew Express is the first liner service to call Bissau this season
4. Peace of mind with Guaranteed Equipment Availability and Quality: Maersk Line ensures quality and consistency, giving customers peace of mind by shipping empty food grade containers into Bissau especially for the cashew season
5. Increased Dependability with Pick-Up Guarantee: Maersk Line ensures that all shippers have enough time to load on the Cashew Express and therefore able to avoid incidental costs arising out of unplanned exigencies. This is because the vessels stay put in Bissau for 5 days at a minimum operational cost of USD 60,00 per day.
The ship has carried 1185 TEUs to Kochi and will also have transhipment volumes to Tuticorin and Mangalore.
|KOTA NIPAH First call of PIL Service at ICTT|
Maersk Line has planned five vessels in this service and this is the first vessel to call at ICTT. Meanwhile the transhiment volumes in the terminal started increasing by the starting of news service such as ZIM LINE ,NEMO,AME,FWI,SGE Services
ICCT presently receiving Transhipment volumes from Tuticorin,Mangalore,Colombo,Hazaria and other ports . Presently the Vessels OEL Kochi,Oel Kutch,Oel trust & Oel dubai & Maersk Avon acts as the feeder service to different Indian ports from ictt